test this out
Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It is used to:
- Form an important protein used to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels
- Heal wounds and form scar tissue
- Repair and maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth
Vitamin C is one of many antioxidants. Antioxidants are nutrients that block some of the damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are made when your body breaks down food or when you are exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation. The buildup of free radicals over time is largely responsible for the aging process. Free radicals may play a role in cancer, heart disease, and conditions like arthritis. The body is not able to make vitamin C on its own, and it does not store vitamin C.
- Selenium is an essential trace mineral. This means your body must get this mineral in the food you eat. Small amounts of selenium are good for your health.
- Selenium helps the body with making special proteins, called antioxidant enzymes, which play a role in preventing cell damage. It helps your body protect you after a vaccination
- Some medical studies suggest that selenium may help with the following conditions: certain cancers, prevent cardiovascular disease and help protect the body from the poisonous effects of heavy metals and other harmful substances